Luckily I live about 15 minutes from the nearest city; which means I get to pop a few dove every once in a while. I try to stock the freezer up with the delicious little birds during dove season.
My all time favorite way to grill dove is to wrap them up in bacon before I put them on the pit. I also add one or two slices of jalapeno, and maybe even a little cream cheese.
Here my great recipe for grilling bacon wrapped dove. This makes a great appetizer before the big game, or a delicious meal that can be accompanied by black eyed peas soaked in Brer Rabbit Syrup (thanks Grandpa!!) and wild rice.
1. About 10 dove breasts. (Carve them off of the breast bone as you
would a chicken)
2. 1 Bottle of Italian Salad dressing.
3. 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
4. 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
5. 1 Tablespoon of cajun seasoning
6. 1 Tablespoon of freshly cracked pepper
7. 20 jalapeno slices
8. 20 Tooth Picks
9. 7 slices of bacon stretched and cut into thirds