This is a great beef fajitas recipe of mine that I would like to share with you. The flavor of the meat is outstanding, and you are sure to please the crowd every time. Let me know what you think!! The pictures show my beef fajitas, and my chicken fajitas which I cooked at the same time.
Trim the Membrane off of the fajita meat.
Place fajita meat in the marinade.
When the coals are while and orange, the fire is ready.
Slice the fajita meat across the grain.
Place the fajita meat in an aluminum pan covered in foil to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
1. 1 Bottle of Fajita Quick
2. 1 TBSP Onion Powder
3. 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
4. 1 TBSP Tony's or Comparable Cajun Seasoning
5. 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
6. 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
7. 2 Cups Coke Soft Drink
8. 1 Cup of Oil
9. 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
10. 1 TBSP Soy Sauce (I use Tabasco soy sauce - it adds good spice)
11. 3 lbs of tenderized beef skirt steak
1. Trim the membrane off of the back of the meat with a sharp knife. It will be a white, thin, glossy layer.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl with a whisk.
3. Add tenderized beef skirt steak (your local grocery or meat market can tenderize it for you) 3. Marinade for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
4. Build a hot fire in your grill. You shouldn't be able to hold your hand over the grill for more than one second.
5. Let the coals cook down, the should be white, and will be extremely hot!
3. Put the meat over the coals and cook for about 1.5 minutes per side
6. I pull the fajita meat off when the thickest part of the meat is 140 degrees F
7. Let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes, covered in foil.
8. Slice the meat across the grain to achieve maximum tenderness
9. The meat is ready to serve. (The picture shows chicken and beef fajita meat.)
10. Serve with sautéed onions, pico, avocado, sour cream and cheese!!