Recipe by: The Smoker King
This is a BBQ beef rub that I use on brisket, Tri-tip, and just about any other beef that I am going to barbecue. It adds a great flavor to the meat which is not overpowering. A barbecue rub should add flavor to the meat, but not too much so the natural flavors of the smoke an meat are overpowered.
The best BBQ rubs are invented with practice!
1 . 2 1/2-tablespoons dark brown sugar
2. 2-tablespoons paprika
3. 2-teaspoons mustard powder
4. 2-teaspoons onion powder
5. 2-teaspoons garlic powder
6. 1 1/2-teaspoons dried basil
7. 1-teaspoon ground bay leaves
8. 3/4-teaspoon ground coriander seed
9. 3/4-teaspoon ground savory
10. 3/4-teaspoon dried thyme
11. 3/4-teaspoon ground black pepper
12. 3/4-teaspoon ground white pepper
13. 1/8-teaspoon ground cumin
14. 1- tablespoon salt
1. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients
2. Use on beef the night before you are going to cook.
3. Store in an airtight jar at room temperature until ready to use.