Southern Fried Chicken Burger Recipe
Recipe Name: Southern Fried Chicken Burger
Posted By: Gay C
Makes 4 Burgers
625 g/1/4 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast meat, trimmed of fat
and cut into 2.5 cm/1 in pieces (or minced chicken breast meat)
1 egg white, size 3
3 tablespoons buttermilk
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
175 g/6 oz dry breadcrumbs
225 g/8 oz groundnut oil
1. If using chicken pieces, mince through a meat mincer
fitted with a coarse mincing plate into a large stainless steel bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, buttermilk, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Add this mixture and 50 g/2 oz breadcrumbs to the minced chicken meat.
4. Combine the ingredients gently but thoroughly.
5. Gently form the chicken mixture into four 150 g/5 oz burgers, each 2.5 cm/1 in thick.
6. Cover the burgers with cling film and refrigerate until needed.