This is a great recipe to use for chicken fajitas. The lemon lime tequila mix adds a great flavor to your BBQ chicken that will make a great fajita. I prefer Mr. and Mrs. T's if you can find it, but just about any brand will do.
1 (5 pound) whole chicken
4 cups Lemon-Lime Tequila Mix (Mr. and Mrs. T's
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1-tablespoon cayenne Lemon Pepper
1. Place the whole chicken into a large resealable plastic bag.
2. Combine seasonings and tequila mix.
3. Add marinade to bag, seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator for about 6 hours.
4. Heat smoker to 250 degrees F
5. Remove chicken from the bag, and place on the grill grate.
6. Sprinkle lemon pepper on the chicken, lightly coating it.
7. Cook 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 175 degrees F.
I usually brush the chicken down with olive oil or butter every 45 minutes to keep the chicken moist.